Monday, March 5, 2012

Letter to the Lost..

Dear Lily,

     A bizarre feeling of loneliness washed over me and it was imminent I would write a letter for you––I miss you. 20 years have elapsed since the last time I saw you and I know that what I'm about to say will be hard to assimilate, but try to be apprehensive, we both know our situation is still compromised.
     My life has been shackled to the reality of our times––dissension and hatred are still prominent in South Carolina. I wish I could move to New York and find you, but I get more and more requests to serve as people's lawyer everyday that leaving everything at this point would be calamitous move and it would leave my office in a state of anarchy.
     What I want you to know is, as much as I love my job, I don't feel complete––I need you. Even though this is hard to get across––you might think interrogating and arraigning criminals to justice would make me more than happy–– I feel empty without you. I made a promise that I would look for you––and I will––it's just not the right time, and I'm sorry.
     In case you haven't heard about August she is doing great, her honet sales have tripled and she's retiring soon to spend more time with her niece September––June and Neil's little girl––she's a sweet pea!
     Lily Owens, you have my heart, every summer as I trace back to the moments we had, I realize they've been the happiest days of my life. South Carolina has become nothing but more hot and sweltering every summer but in my heart it's always winter without you. All I can say at this point is thank you for stepping into my life, you changed me. You changed all of us. I ratify my promise tonight, I'll go find you, Lily Owens.

Love,

Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment